Updating Mantis status

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 02:07:47 UTC 2008

Updating Mantis status

***

kencausey.com> escribió:

>> > Use of Mantis was really only meant to be
temporary and I had
>> > thought that by now we would have decided on
another tool that would be
>> > at least a better fit than any, including Mantis,
that had come before.
>> > Hope is on the horizon at least in the form of
Gjallar and Delta Stream
>> > and in work I believe is swimming around in the
mind, at least, of Craig
>> > Latta.
>>
>> I have deep respect for Craig, Goran, Matthew and
others working on this.

>> But...
>>
>> If still people don't put bug reports in Mantis and
few use it (from many
>> Squeakers), how you think they instantly use still
unknown ?

>> Blaming Mantis don't help. It's useful.
>>

>> Edgar
>
>I'm not blaming Mantis.  From day one it was little
more than a stopgap
>measure.

???!

I don't understand this. Who decided it would be
stopgap?

And even the commitment to it was partial at first.
Why would you evaluate it now and still decide it
should only be a stopgap measure?

>That being said, the fact that use of it has not been
taken up
>more generally is surely evidence that it is not a
natural fit.

How is this evidence. People who don't maintain squeak
don't use mantis. Those who do find it particularly
useful.

How else would we report and track bugs?

My perception is that you are missing some thing key
to the problem. (Or else I am). And I am wondering,
because I don't know how you are thinking, what it
could be?

Can you help me understand?

(In your beliefs)
What specifically is the problem to be solved?

How is mantis helping or failing to help solve it?

Thank you.

Yours in sevice and curiosity, --Jerome Peace

>Ken
***