Commenting class category

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 11:27:36 UTC 2008

> >>       - class & method category description
> > I'd like method categories to be category-tags
>
> So one method can be in many categories? I agree.

yep. Not suitable for all categories, but nice for private,
*monticello-extensions...

> >> Are packages and class-categories not first-class objects in squeak?
> >
> > I don't think they are. There are SystemOrganizer and ClassOrganizer
> > but I don't find proper class for categories and Package.
>
> Ouch!

Yep, that's why  I asked :)  but only newbies seems interested in that ;)

Actually, I'd like a browser, where whatever you select, you see the
comment first (could be a "newbie" or "discovering" mode).

- Selecting a class-category would show category comment (missing now)
- Selecting a class would show the comments in a separate pane, right
to the code pane.
- method-category and method comment could be accessible like a tooltip...

All could be certainly done as an experiment in OB, but there is no
way actually to have class category comments, and even if less
important to me, method category ones. Having category-tags sould be
even more difficult.

Cédrick