Commenting class category

Andrew Tween amtween at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 09:28:43 UTC 2008

Hi Keith,

"Keith Hodges" <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:47AEFD91.6090706 at yahoo.co.uk...
> Cédrick
>
> Your suggestion of Documentation classes comes but one month after I
> suggested the very same. Since each class in squeak may nominate its
> #compilerClass and #parserClass it is possible to override these in such
> a way as to ignore the method text.
>
> I liked the idea but had several questions as to how to make the idea
> work well. I had no replies to these questions, but there was some
> debate as to the concept. (If you look in older versions of Sake, in
> http://www.squeaksource.com/Sake you will find an implementation lurking
> in there some where as SakeDocumentation)
>
> Question 1. As far as my experiments show overriding #compilerClass to
> point to a null compiler works. However it only works for instance side
> methods. I wanted to know where one can select the #compilerClass for
> class side methods.
>
> Question 2. With this scheme no one tells "Shout", so it continues to
> try and auto format the text thinking it is a normal method. Is there a
> way to make shout aware on a per-class basis what language it is
> highlighting.

To prevent Shout from styling these non-normal methods...

Look for all the implementors of #shoutAboutToStyle:
Make them answer false if the compilerClass of the class being browsed is
Null

e.g. in Browser>>#shoutAboutToStyle:  add the following line...
     self selectedClassOrMetaClass compilerClass ifNull: [^false].

Cheers,
Andy