Scratch Project

Jens Moenig jens at moenig.org
Mon Feb 11 22:39:31 UTC 2008

Sounds very interesting!

I've published a first-step tutorial on how to create custom blocks for
Scratch in Squeak:

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Jens/75626
http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=16310#p16310

and a Squeak extension for Scratch-to-XML conversion:

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Jens/93504
http://map.squeak.org/accountbyid/9c9c23db-68a3-429b-b78c-dd76c31aac29/package/54988948-a27c-40dd-b214-873f259d13c0

This should get you going on the Scratch/Squeak side. Hardware connection
would require some experimentation, since Scratch is built on a heavily
customized version of Squeak 2.8 (e.g. FFI was taken out). If I can be of
assistance, please contact me.