Updating Mantis status

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 06:06:53 UTC 2008

Updating Mantis status

Hi Ken,

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

***

wrote:
>> How else would we report and track bugs?
>
>Well, I don't really want to spend a lot of time on
this right now.  But
>fundamentally there is clearly a sizable part of the
community that
>would prefer to work completely within Squeak: file a
report in squeak,
>submit a fix from within squeak, get fixes and
enhancements and try them
>out within squeak, evaluate and comment within
squeak, etc.  Oh, and
>while I find the current situation workable, I myself
would prefer that.

Ok, that explains the part I'm not getting. Since I
first learned to track bugs with mantis, I never
learned to desire to do everything from within squeak.
And it didn't occur to me that this would be a
drawback for others.

Yours in service and curiosity, --Jerome Peace