Morphs as composition of traits?

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Tue Feb 12 08:37:42 UTC 2008

Le dimanche 10 février 2008 à 13:04 +0100, Bert Freudenberg a écrit :

> > Okay, then a next, logical question, why Tweak didn't replaced morphs?
>
> My personal guess is because it is not "just" another UI. Also there
> appears to be an astonishing lack of interest.

When I started thinking about DrGeoII, I have been questioning myself
about using Trait or Morph. After a few time, I went to Morph (but with
a suffisance abstraction level to easily switch to something else later)
because I did not fell confident about Trait to be integrated in Squeak
in a close future. I think I did the right choice, although I would have
been happy to be wrong.

The interesting question is "what can we conclude about that?"
Where was the lack of interest?

In free software, people will follow you if they fell confident about
the future of your project. Leadership is important, constant and
recurrent feedback concerning the evolution of the project is important
to attract and to seduce newcomers. Seaside has been doing that with a
lot of successes, so people fell confident about using it, then to
contribute.

Hilaire