HydraTools and minimal images

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Wed Feb 13 04:03:18 UTC 2008

Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> So my question is basically this: Is there a tool set (browser, senders,
>> implementors, maybe debugger) that has "enough" of an abstraction about
>> its model that it would be easy to fit in the Hydra channel protocol to
>> make them work?
>
> OmniBrowser has all this. GemStone is using that do provide a
> development environment on their headless VMs. The OmniBrowser model
> runs in GemStone (they ported the code), and the UI runs in Squeak.

This sounds exactly like what I was looking for. Is their stuff
available to look at for learning how to integrate such a mechanism? I'm
not interested in any of their proprietary IP just in learning how you
hook this together in OB. Any other examples?

> They have system browser, hierarchy browser, sender browser,
> implementor browser, variable browser, debugger, inspector, workspace,
> monticello, etc.

Wow. That's pretty cool. Way more than I expected.

Cheers,
   - Andreas