[ANN} New "Tentative" Squeak3.11.alpha.7161.image

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Feb 14 10:04:01 UTC 2008

El 2/14/08 5:04 AM, "Serge Stinckwich" <Serge.Stinckwich at gmail.com>
escribió:

> Is there any interests to have a clean 3.10 Squeak release (Welcome
> text, tar balls for every platform, press realeases, ...) before any new
> work ? Could we setup a small team in order to do that ?
>
> Thank you,
> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> http://doesnotunderstand.free.fr
 Of course !
Very glad to hear of you.
I think about the Welcome window  text http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6026.
As I said before , to this text I wish add the following info.

======
3dot10 is the first "official" release without some packages , in the road
to successive less complex images .
The target is going towards MininimalMorphic > Kernel > Spoon in next
releases.

This one don't have the following packages 3.9 have
#('Flash' 'StarSqueak' 'SmaCC' 'Speech' 'Movies' 'FixUnderscores' 'OB'
'OmniBrowser' )

For easier user expererience, you have now Universes of Lex Spoon.
With it, you could load many external packages with active development.

For older or not in the Universes, you still have SqueakMap and could go to
http://www.squeaksource.com/ using a regular web browser like Firefox,
locate the package and add to MonticelloBrowser.
As example , for Installer of Keith Hodges is
http://www.squeaksource.com/Installer.
For Universes is http://www.squeaksource.com/universes.

This way you could load newer versions of your favorite

Quality control.
We now this is not perfect, but we have more of 2200 test which was run
under Mac OS X, Windows XP, and SimplyMepis 6.5 Linux each time a [BUG] or
[ENH] report on Mantis met our requirements and go to update stream.

Mantis
To this day, the way of Squeak could be better is doing Mantis report
http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/users/johnson/squeak/ReportingIssues.html

The 3dot10 team
Ralph Johnson
Edgar J. De Cleene

And the following list of "Ferrari team" workers nicknames in Mantis
franksergeant gokr wiz Dionisiy al andreas matthewf Damien Cassou rr wbk
mathk dse MarcusDenker kwl black hangal johnpf bergel dpollet Krivanek
loewis Keith_Hodges gilEgozi sumi haleden sge thams nicolas cellier johnmci

=======

To all, very thanks for your work.
To Ralph, whatever unknown force you to leave, I with you, as I said
private, no money could pay the honor to work with you and learn a little.

Edgar