recording-crash

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Sat Feb 16 17:31:24 UTC 2008

On Feb 15, 2008 11:54 PM, kemal asad-syed <kasadsyed at gmail.com> wrote:

> i found a bug that crashes squeak on my machine(LINUX).

You probably didn't intend to quote an entire message digest with your
short question, but I'm still going to tell you to stop doing that.

Most Squeak bugs should be reported via Mantis:

    http://bugs.squeak.org/

> it is very
> consistent but long to explain. Is there a way to record from within the
> image all that's done while doing.otherwise i will have to record the entire
> desktop.

I'm not clear about what you would be "recording". Do you mean that
you want to turn what you're seeing on your screen into a GIF or PNG
(or a series of such images) that you could include with your bug
report? That's nice to do, but not generally necessary, if someone
else can reproduce the bug on their own machine.

Cheers!

--Tom Phoenix