Broken OB image

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Sat Feb 16 22:32:02 UTC 2008

Le 16 févr. 08 à 15:12, David Röthlisberger a écrit :

> Hi Serge,
>
>> i put the image and the changes files here :
>> http://www.info.unicaen.fr/~serge/share/BrokenOB.zip
>> I don't know how exactly the problem appears. I add, remove and
>> modify some methods and suddently the browser break.
>> Try to move the arrow upside/down inside the method pane and a
>> debug window should appear.
>
> I had a look at the image and found the cause for this defect
> outside of OB. The UI-Enhancements package overrides several methods
> of PluggableListMorph, the class responsible to handle the list of
> methods. This class also handles key up/down events.
> When you go the PluggableListMorph >> #maximumSelection and re-
> compile this method to read
>
> maximumSelection
> 	^ self getListSize
>
> you will see that you can't reproduce the problem anymore (at least
> I couldn't).
>
> Pinesoft-Widgets aka UIEnhancements override #maximumSelection to
> introduce kind of caching. But it seems that the cache is not
> properly updated, so the cache contained old elements not displayed
> in the method list, which caused the defect.
>
> I will report this as a UIEnhancements bug.

Thank you David for your investigation ... sorry about this problem
that was outside OB in fact.

Best regards,
--                                                         oooo
Serge Stinckwich                                         OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
                                                           oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##