Problem with HydraPing and FFI [was: Problem with Hydra's startUp]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sun Feb 17 10:56:51 UTC 2008

HydraPing depends on methods which are provided by FFI, but FFI is no
longer in stock .images (which I'm using as all the Squeakers do ;-) So
HydraPing DNUs on #unsignedLongAt:put:, but there are other messages in
the #'platform independent access' category of ByteArray which can do what
you want HydraPing to do.

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:38:23 +0100, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 17/02/2008, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>> An .image with the HydraVM-sig.8 package loaded does not startUp on a
>> non-Hydra VM.
> My fault, i forgot to check loading HydraVM package under non-Hydra VM.
>
> Currently I doing major rewrite of checkForInterrupts() and all is
> what around it.

Did you consider the performance comparision which someone asked about,
over in squeak-vm list?

> With new changes, Hydra will be truly event-driven and without mess in
> checkForInterrupts().
>
> Stay in touch for the next update anytime soon :)

Hurry up ! :)