Election Nomination Period Ending in 4 days

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Mon Feb 18 21:53:16 UTC 2008

Hi!

"Michael van der Gulik" <mikevdg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 19, 2008 4:04 AM, Ron Teitelbaum <Ron at usmedrec.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > This is a reminder that if you are going announce that you are running for
> > position in the SqueakFoundation Board, you should announce your candidacy
> > now.  There are only 4 more days before the nomination period ends on 22nd
> > of February 2008.
> >
> > We currently have 5 nominations for 7 seats on the board.  They are.
> >
> > Bert Freudenberg (serving on the board currently)
> > Yoshiki Ohshima (serving on the board currently)
> > Craig Latta (serving on the board currently)
> > Tim Rowledge (serving on the board currently)
> > Andrew P. Black (serving on the board currently)
>

> I don't know what each person here works on, except for Craig (Spoon) and
> Bert (XO...?). What projects, interests or groups do each represent?

Well, Bert and Yoshiki are currently quite active on the eToys-XO
project, but have generally been quite active in many areas.

Craig is Spoon, yes.

Tim is VM Grand Master and currently (?) active on the Sophie project.

Andrew is one the the "Berne guys", academic base. Recently known for
SqueakByExample.

> Do we have a representative from the larger Squeak sub-communities such as
> Croquet, EToys and Seaside?

- Croquet... not really, no. Well, I guess Bert is closest :)

- EToys definitely (Bert and Yoshiki).

- Seaside... not really. Closest? Hmmm, Bert again?

> I'd also really like to see some of the newer active members raise their
> hand for a place on the board. I'm going to shy away from it myself because
> I can't make it to the IRC meetings.

In fact, the board does not currently use IRC (I just talked to Craig
about it, on IRC :)) - they use Skype. And they have been choosing times
where people can participate. And they have been doing it in text (not
voice).

And also - the board will just have to find a way to operate together
when elected - it is as simple as that. :)

Soo... that is not a valid reason to not step up to the plate!!! :)

regards, Göran