install TraitsBrowser?

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Tue Feb 19 09:49:57 UTC 2008

Hi Nicolai,

The reason why the old browser does not exist anymore is that it was
part of the initial implementation of Nathanael. Since this
implementation had grown out of research, it contained many
experiments etc. Therefore, Nathanael and I did a clean new
implementation of Traits, that is part of 3.9 now. What we did not do
is port the old browser extension (which was hackish because of the
inherent problems of the Morphic browser). There have been various
efforts to implement new GUI support with OmniBrowser, but AFAIK, none
has reached the state where it is really stable.

Cheers,
Adrian