UML Modelling?

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Tue Feb 19 14:22:43 UTC 2008

 My 2 c - Sophie ,

The most important phenomena occur in the space between the objects, so
I don't think method annotations would help (since they apply to one
method at the time).

The UML Sequence Diagram is often useful. It would be nice if it could
become either the program itself or a constraint. I have used it to
visualize the stack at a given point in an execution. It got too large
to be useful in the examples I tried, so I stick to the textual
version.  You can find the very simple set of textual methods as part of
the BabySRE package. (Smalltalk Reverse Engineering)

The methods are Object>traceRM:, stackSnapshotBrowseOnce: levelCount,
and others that can be found at my Monticello repository
    http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver/babymc/
package
    BabySRE
version e.g.,
    BabySRE-TRee.39.mcz
Browse to find Object extensions->*BabySRE-TraceStack

Cheers --Trygve

Trygve Reenskaug       mailto: trygver at ifi.uio.no

Morgedalsvn. 5A         http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver

N-0378 Oslo               Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27

Norway