UML Modelling?

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Tue Feb 19 21:31:34 UTC 2008

On 19.02.2008 21:40, itsme213 wrote:
> "itsme213" <itsme213 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> An object can play the same role in two different collaborations
>>

> Bad wording on my part, apologies. I meant
>     "in two different instances of the same collaboration (type)"
>
> collaboration ProjectCollab
>     role Programmer ...
>     role Customer ...
>     etc.
>
> So there can be many ProjectCollabs going on at a time (one for each
> project), and each one has its Customer, Programmer, etc. And I can play the
> Programmer role in more than one of those.
>
> Is that consistent with your thinking?
>
> - Sophie
YES. But I am simplifying my work by considering sequential processing
only. Multiple threads or processes is for the future. Egil Andersen
worked with role modeling and multiprocessing in his thesis. He
developed a variant of Harel charts to handle them, but it was
definitely non-trivial and full of pitfalls.

--Trygve

Trygve Reenskaug       mailto: trygver at ifi.uio.no

Morgedalsvn. 5A         http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver

N-0378 Oslo               Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27

Norway