A Traits question

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 22:11:31 UTC 2008

"Andrew P. Black" <black at cs.pdx.edu> wrote
>Of course, it is also possible to solve itsme213's problem with
>traits as they stand, by making the name of the instVar a parameter
>to the trait methods, and using instVarNamed etc. to access it.

If a class-implemented method called the trait-method this might be an
option. If the trait-method was the entry point, making the call to
class-implemented methods, I don't see how this could work.

Also not sure how (or how badly) flattening gets affected. I believe Eiffel
renaming exists alongside its multi-inheritance and class hierarchy
flattening.

- Sophie