install TraitsBrowser?

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Thu Feb 21 10:08:15 UTC 2008

On 20.02.2008 12:53, Damien Cassou wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2008 11:23 AM, Trygve Reenskaug <trygver at ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>
>>  Damien, Stephane
>>      OB System Browser worked at first try and looks exciting. (I've already
>> fixed what looked like a type error)
>>

> What type error?
It was the classical Smalltalk error: an uninitialized inst.var. (nil
instead of a Boolean).

The error occurred when I first opened OBSystemBrowser. *hasChanges *was
nil when it shouldn't be; I think this was the failing method.

 OBCodeBrowser>>stepAt: milliseconds in: aSystemWindow
    *hasChanges ifTrue:* [self signalRefresh].
    self clearChanges

I added
   OBCodeBrowser>>initialize
    /" Missing method. Type error: hasChanges not always set. "/
    super initialize.
    self clearChanges.

A comment: I like to add an empty /initialize/ method to Object so that
all other initialize methods can start with /super initialize/.

Cheers
--Trygve

Trygve Reenskaug       mailto: trygver at ifi.uio.no

Morgedalsvn. 5A         http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver

N-0378 Oslo               Tel: (+47) 22 49 57 27

Norway