[squeak-dev] Another Nomination for the Squeak Foundation

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Thu Feb 21 23:32:15 UTC 2008

Folks -

First of all, thanks for your kind comments.  I would have written
something more promptly except that Ron's invitation caught me on
vacation.

In answer to Stef's question, I never left Squeak.  Squeak has many
wonderful strengths, and a few weaknesses as well, and I still have
an interest in keeping it alive and relevant and fun.

I could probably be useful as a name on the board, and I am as
interested as ever in the opportunities for Squeak in today's world
and how to take advantage of them.

That said, if my candidacy has any chance of reducing other active
participation, then perhaps we should figure a different way to
provide the benefit of my association without competing for active
board slots.  At this point my sole motivation is to lend support,
not to advance any personal agendas.

	- Dan