[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] Hydra VM: A multi-core capable Croquet VM

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Fri Feb 22 16:31:29 UTC 2008

Igor Stasenko wrote:
> In this respect, i think, best would be to incorporate Spoon features to VM.
> As i understand (Craig, correct me if i'm wrong), a Spoon VM changes
> are incremental and not breaking any compatibility.

I'm not sure which changes you mean. If it's about imprinting, I'm no
fan of that. I don't want methods automatically transferred between
images - I want tools that I can use in a remote image to load and edit
code just like I do in the "main" image. With the end result being a
well-defined set of packages that are designed to work together.

Cheers,
   - Andreas