[squeak-dev] Historical help needed: PNGReadWriter class test1

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 01:48:17 UTC 2008

Historical help needed: PNGReadWriter class test1

HI all,

In my code travels I have come across:

 'RAA 12/10/2000 10:11 PNGReadWriter class test1 {as
yet unclassified}'

which has become lava code*.

It would probably be good to revive it as a test. I
would like to know what was in the files it
referenced. My curiosity wants to know if they were
some specially tortuous or just ordinary files. ( My
assistant Puck is hoping for tortuous. ;-)

I am also, at Puck's urging, looking for other files
that would be a good test of a png read writer.

the portion of the code that looks at files is here:

	d0 := FileDirectory default.
	d1 := d0 directoryNamed: 'PngSuite Folder'.
	d2 := d0 directoryNamed: 'BIG PNG'.
	{d0. d1. d2}.
	"keep compiler quiet"
	"==
	citrus_none_sub.png
	citrus_adm7_adap.png
	citrus_adm7_aver.png
	citrus_adm7_non.png
	citrus_adm7_paeth.png
	pngs-img-ie5mac.png
	=="
	fileInfo := {d2. {'citrus_adm7_adap.png'}}.

Yours in service, and curiosity, --Jerome Peace

*lava code is code left over from historical times
which has no use in the current image and yet no one
is willing to take responsiblity for removing it.