[squeak-dev] Historical help needed: PNGReadWriter class test1 (thanks karl)

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 05:13:10 UTC 2008

[squeak-dev] Historical help needed: PNGReadWriter
class test1

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the help. I looked for the citrus-* files
too but I stopped there.
The PNGSuite was the key. I've now got more info than
I wish to process.

So given PNGSuite test files are available, do you
know of anybody out there we can recruit to write a
squeak version of PNG tests?

***
>karl karl.ramberg at comhem.se
>Sat Feb 23 07:17:47 UTC 2008
>
>Jerome Peace wrote:
>> Historical help needed: PNGReadWriter class test1
>><snip>

>> the portion of the code that looks at files is
here:

>> 	d0 := FileDirectory default.
>> 	d1 := d0 directoryNamed: 'PngSuite Folder'.
>> 	d2 := d0 directoryNamed: 'BIG PNG'.
>> 	{d0. d1. d2}.
>> 	"keep compiler quiet"
>> 	"==
>> 	citrus_none_sub.png
>> 	citrus_adm7_adap.png
>> 	citrus_adm7_aver.png
>> 	citrus_adm7_non.png
>> 	citrus_adm7_paeth.png
>> 	pngs-img-ie5mac.png
>> 	=="
>> 	fileInfo := {d2. {'citrus_adm7_adap.png'}}.
>>

>Google did not turn up any of the citrus_* images but
the ie5mac can be
>found. The PngSuite can also be found, but I think
this test method
>could be ditched or reworked to be not reliant on
arbitrary stuff from
>external sources. It was probably useful in
development but less so in
>deployment.
>
>Karl
>
>> Yours in service, and curiosity, --Jerome Peace
>> <snip>

***
squeak