[squeak-dev] Re: HydraVM bins update. Was: (Re: Re: Re: [ANN] Hydra VM: A multi-core capable Croquet VM)

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Feb 25 00:01:49 UTC 2008

Ok, well a spend a day or so trying to compile up a vm

I wonder why perhaps this shouldn't be a plugin you load? So you could
have full featured VM, then the plugin hydra vm with fewer features
(like no sound, ui)

I note I could not use the vmmaker supplied and build a proper
interp.c on the macintosh, it would not build for example foo-
 >endOfMemory even tho I said the VM should be build
using a structure.

I think in sqFilePluginBasicPrims.c
the source I have reads
sqInt sqFileAtEnd(PLUGIN_IPARAM_COMMA SQFile *f) {
	/* Return true if the file's read/write head is at the end of the
file. */

	if (!sqFileValid(PLUGIN_IPARAM_COMMA f)) return vmFunction(success)
(PLUGIN_IARG_COMMA false);
	return ftell(getFile(f)) == getSize(f);
}

But as far as I could figure out that is wrong, it's reversed and
should be.

sqInt sqFileAtEnd(PLUGIN_IARG_COMMA SQFile *f) {
	/* Return true if the file's read/write head is at the end of the
file. */

	if (!sqFileValid(PLUGIN_IPARAM_COMMA f)) return vmFunction(success)
(PLUGIN_IPARAM_COMMA false);
	return ftell(getFile(f)) == getSize(f);
}

mmm MainVM = 0x0 when I want to read the first image file.  Oh well
guess more work is required

I'll need some who wants to test, email me for details

--
=
=