[squeak-dev] Re: Re: A better looking text caret (IMO)

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 19:09:59 UTC 2008

On 25/02/2008, karl <karl.ramberg at comhem.se> wrote:
> Scott Wallace wrote:
>  > On Feb 25, 2008, at 3:11 AM, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>  >> On Feb 25, 2008, at 12:08 , Andrew Tween wrote:
>  >>> "Igor Stasenko" <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote in message
>  >>> news:4a5f5f320802240915g11780490i9ab393b5ed605da0 at mail.gmail.com...
>  >>>> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6948
>  >>>
>  >>> I've added an implementation for a blinking caret to this mantis entry.
>  >>> Cheers,
>  >>> Andy
>  >> Eeek! ;)
>  >> - Bert -
>  >
>  >
>  > FWIW I find that the feel of Andy's "blinking caret" combined with the
>  > look of Takashi's i-beam caret (used in the olpc/etoys image) to be
>  > rather agreeable.
>  >
>  > Cheers
>  >
>  > -- Scott
>  >
>  >

> When we are at it we should fix the issue that happen when you delete
>  all chars from a text and the caret get a smaller size and change the
>  font !!! Very annoying !

Yes, it's because the height of caret should depend on a character
which its standing upon.
I can't find an easy way to determine character properties at current
caret position (or any position in text), so i given up with changing
shape.
These paragraph/textmorph are complex beasts :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.