[squeak-dev] InkMedia mini-laptop ARM11 machine

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 08:26:03 UTC 2008

On 2/28/08, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> Stumbled across this little OLPC-ish machine this afternoon. Linux,
> ARM1136, 256Mb ram etc. Apparently ~$300
>
> http://ink-media.com/index.html
> Should be a nice little cheap, light Squeak machine.

Nice, non-idiotic CPU architecture, decent amount of memory and no
moving parts (yay!), and it appears to be Linux based, but:

* No "Purchase" button to be found on their website? Vapourware?
* Highest screen resolution is 1024x768 with the built-in LCD disabled (!?).
I don't believe you can still buy LCD monitors that do that natively.

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/