[squeak-dev] Re: [Patch] Class>>#bindingOf: with inheritance priority over Smalltalk global variables

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Fri Feb 29 07:51:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 05:26:20 +0100, Michael van der Gulik wrote:

> On 2/28/08, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:

>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2003-May/058391.html
>> >>

>> > The patch looks good to me. I especially like how you refer to
>> Smalltalk as "nil environment".
>>
>> :)
>>
>> > I modified this code to get Namespaces resolving right.
>>
>> Did you mean this like, you adapted it to your Namespaces. If not, can
>> you elaborate a bit, TIA.
>>

> Actually, on closer inspection, I didn't modify the method except to
> remove
> shared pools, which can be implemented using Namespaces anyway.
>
> In my Namespaces, "aClass environment" returns the local namespace.

Ah :) Then, do you have a special browser (or patched) which evaluates a
class definition in scope? What I found in .images, use of
#defineClass:notifying: is insufficient for defining a class in scope
other than global root Smalltalk :(

Whatever you already have for this, I'd like to use it :)

/Klaus