[squeak-dev] Re: [Patch] Class>>#bindingOf: with inheritance priority over Smalltalk global variables

Michael van der Gulik mikevdg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 23:18:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 08:51:51 +0100
"Klaus D. Witzel" <klaus.witzel at cobss.com> wrote:

> > Actually, on closer inspection, I didn't modify the method except to
> > remove
> > shared pools, which can be implemented using Namespaces anyway.
> >
> > In my Namespaces, "aClass environment" returns the local namespace.
>
> Ah :) Then, do you have a special browser (or patched) which evaluates a
> class definition in scope? What I found in .images, use of
> #defineClass:notifying: is insufficient for defining a class in scope
> other than global root Smalltalk :(
>
> Whatever you already have for this, I'd like to use it :)

My NamespaceBrowser is available on the PackageUniverse for 3.10 under "Tools". It should install the dependencies that it needs, including Namespaces. Don't use it on an important image!

Note that this is still all very unstable and in development. Bug reports would be useless :-).

Gulik.

--
Michael van der Gulik <mikevdg at gmail.com>