Wanted volunteers for 'image cleaning'

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 02:52:18 UTC 2008

Dear All,

the 'LevelPlayingField' script process is working reasonably well now
and has been tested with the typical squeak images, from 3.7 onwards.
One or two folks have even incorporated LPF in their own
production/dev-image build scripts.

The LevelPlayingField script loads a basic set packages for preparing
images using Installer scripts, namely, Installer,  Launcher,
Monticello, and MonticelloConfigurations.

The next step is to offer some further optional scripts for preparing an
image for use. One of the options that I would like to provide, I have
called "Clean'. This would remove particular packages from the image. I
dont want to go overboard, but I would like to pick off some of the low
hanging fruit from the basic images.

I was wondering whether anyone already has some scripts that they use
for clearing out 'stuff'.

thanks in advance

Keith