Fireworks

Alexander Lazarevic' Alexander at Lazarevic.de
Wed Jan 2 09:46:46 UTC 2008

Hello Herbert!

Herbert König schrieb:
> thanks a lot, I'll try to learn from it and change a few things.
> AL> Close to/After the beginning of 2008 it might be a good time for an
> AL> (ugly) but fun hack! ;)
>
> AL> The project can be loaded into a 3.9 image.
>
> These .st also work in 3.7 and 3.8. Just file them in and in a
> Workspace do: FireworksAnimation start.
>
> Had to change Rocket>>die to use Float>>pi as 3.7 and 3.8 don't have
> Float>>twoPi though the constant Twopi is defined in Float.
>
> AL> PS: This is the result of some fun hours of hacking, but shouldn't be
> AL> looked at closely! After all this should be much nicer in kedama!
>
> With you kind permission I'll look at it anyway :-)) It's small and cute
> and I believe I can understand it with little effort. Looks like a fun
> target to practise my (barely existing) refactoring skills.

Sure. Have fun with it. This is like something scribbled on a napkin and
passed along for a good laugh and others can add their ideas if they want.
You can change many things to see what happens, e.g. how long (relative
to their lifetime) the rockets accelerate, the distribution of the
flares or ...
A nice effect is also if you have short lived flares, that create new
flares when they burn out.

Thanks for making this work in 3.7 and 3.8!

Alex