Documentation options

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 10:13:13 UTC 2008

Some languages, like Pascal stopping parsing source when reaching some point.

In Pascal it's the 'end.' sequence. You can put anything beyond that input.

In smalltalk, we also could have such feature: no reason to parse text
beyond the last return statement, because it's not reachable.

Interesting that current compiler barfs on code past the return
statement, saying that there's nothing expected after return.
I don't like such behavior: Sometimes i need to stub-out some code, to
test/debug methods, and i can't simply put ^self in the very beginning
of method (it forces me to put '[^self] value' instead, just to get
around such 'cleverness' of compiler ).
Very inconvenient and useless feature, as for me, and it can be simply
replaced by ignoring any input instead.