Documentation options

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 18:05:12 UTC 2008

On 02/01/2008, Randal L. Schwartz <merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:

> Ralph> People talk about language changes all the time, but they rarely
> Ralph> happen.  If you want to change Squeak, it is easier to do it by
> Ralph> changing tools or libraries, not by changing the language.
>
> Agreed.
>
> As I said a few months ago
> in http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=12469219&framed=y
>
>   I just don't like version creep in languages.  Smalltalk has remained
>   relatively stable for nearly 3 decades.  Anything to disrupt that has got to
>   meet a pretty high standard for me personally.

As i suspected, this discussion is going to nowhere, because of
conservative people like you.
There is no point to prove anything, if people simply don't want to
change anything.
If you don't want to change, don't want to move on, then squeak's
destiny is to vanish and be forgotten when last living mammoth will
die.

Do we need a better tools/ways for delivering content(documentation)
to developers? Yes we are!
So, please, can you, instead of rejecting proposals, which are
incompetent or which can't stand under pressure of your high
standards, propose own solution?

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.