Documentation options

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Jan 2 18:30:28 UTC 2008

>>>>> "tim" == tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> writes:

tim> Yes, there have been plans to fix that for years but the work to do  (what was
tim> once a simple change) is sufficiently complicated by traits,  existing .pr
tim> files, tool related hacks and so on that it has become a  major change that
tim> would require considerable resources. I tried again  last year but it just
tim> grew into too much work.

Of course, we could have a global WeakDictionary keyed by CompiledMethod
that has whatever bolt-on payload we want for a documentation system.  That'd
be an upward compatible extension without affecting the naive
compiler/debugger/everything-else toolchain.