Documentation options

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Wed Jan 2 19:01:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 19:33:11 +0100, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 02/01/2008, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 2-Jan-08, at 10:09 AM, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
>> >

>> > Then I went looking. CompiledMethod is a direct subclass of ByteArray,
>> > and has no instance variables.
>>

>> Yes, there have been plans to fix that for years but the work to do
>> (what was once a simple change) is sufficiently complicated by traits,
>> existing .pr files, tool related hacks and so on that it has become a
>> major change that would require considerable resources. I tried again
>> last year but it just grew into too much work.
>>
> Btw, this is one of the biggest things what i dislike in squeak.

Are you aware of the consequences of such dislikeness? :) CompiledMethod
has a dozen or so accessors which, to the average Smalltalk developer are
"gettable" instance variables (some are even "settable").

Encapsulation rules! :)

You dislike accessors? :) Try adding a new one to CompiledMethod. Still
dislike accessors ? :)

/Klaus