my Framework

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Jan 3 15:17:55 UTC 2008

Hello David,

DZ> One more question...How do I know when i need to use a class
DZ> method instead of an instance method?

the obvious reply is: If you want to talk to the class you need a
message implemented as a class side method. Examples:

a := Float pi
asks the class Float to return an instance of Float with the value of
pi. So you'll find the method pi implemented on the class side of
float.

then a:=  a + 3.0 talks to an instance of Float so you'll find +
implemented on the instance side of Float (or on of its superclasses).

Cheers,
 Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net