unix stat command on files via FFI

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Fri Jan 4 02:14:13 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 01:46:07PM -0800, John M McIntosh wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2008, at 5:09 AM, David T. Lewis wrote:
> >Also note that FFI is not yet working for 64bit host Linux (e.g.
> >Linux on AMD 64). Does it work on OS X?
>
> nope.  A bit of assembler work in the
>
> /* x86-sysv-asm.S -- 386 FFI trampoline for SVr4-like ABIs	-*- asm -*-
>
> well and C work too.

The FFIPlugin will need updates in addition to the support code.
There are a fair number of casts between 64-bit machine addresses
and 32-bit sqInt. I've been looking into this recently and will
report back if I make any kind of progress.

I don't have a clue how to write the stack frame setup in
assembler, but Andreas wrote the any-libffi.c that seems like
it should work fine if I can sort out the type casting problems.
If you or someone else knows how to do the assembler bits, that
would be a good thing too.

Dave