Arrays / collections with literal syntax - fixed size?

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 5 23:43:15 UTC 2008

Are #(...) and {...} the only 2 short, non-message-passing syntaxes for
creating collections?

They both seem to yield Array, which apparently has a fixed size. I'm
curious about why the only (I think) convenient syntax for simple collection
usage has this restriction on what you can do with it.

And as far as I can tell, there is no similar convenient syntax for
dictionaries. Is that true?

I am trying to build up some simple declarative meta-data structures and
find a big jump in verbosity from simple syntax to constructing things by
message-passing.

Thanks - Sophie