Squeak code now browsable and bookmarkable on the Web

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Tue Jan 8 09:40:14 UTC 2008

> Never heard that putting '.html' is for a good spirit.
> In my view, when URL terminates with .html extension it's shows that
> current page are plain file (with .html extension), and .php, .jsp are
> content generated by corresponding engine.

Your view is a webserver's view, not a user's view.

Most sites in existence have a dynamic part (for example the navigation)
in the URL; but a site that is 99% static and yet shows what engine is
used for that 1%, is a bad site IMNSHO.  A user couldn't care less about
what engine is used.  Though I must say that most users are probably
ambivalent about having .html or not having it.

Maybe you would both agree on

http://squeak.aidaweb.si:8000/class/AidaBrowserMethod/method/loop:/
http://squeak.aidaweb.si:8000/class/AidaBrowserMethod/method/loop:/fileout.st

The former for the doc, the second for the source?

Paolo