Porting Squeak to iPod touch

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Jan 8 16:18:06 UTC 2008

On 8-Jan-08, at 8:01 AM, Mathieu Suen wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Dose anyone have try to install/port Squeak on a ipod touch?
> The ipod have a ARM processor IIRC there is a version running for an
> ARM processor. So I should be able to compile the source for a ARM
> processor.

It's C code. Aside from a few tiny bits in the FFIPlugin you won't
find much processor dependent stuff around. My guess is that if you
compiled a Mac VM with the iTouch switch (or whatever) flipped it
ought to do the job.

Of course, first you have to have the tools to compile *anything* for
iPhone/iTouch/etc. Have they released them yet?

tim
World Ends at Ten! Pictures at 11 on Fox News!