[Q] WAListener and WAFileLibrary problem

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Tue Jan 8 22:31:54 UTC 2008

> With your given value, it does represent the Han Character proniunced as(in
> Korea, chinese or japanese would have different pronunciation) "Ye".

  In Japanese, its pronounciation is U+3088, or close to "Yo".

> As I said in my previous mail and as Paolo said, above character is Hanja or
> Chinses letter so I cannot determine whether it's Chinese, Japanese or
> Korean. For example, with 'a' or'A' you cannot say that it's English or French
> or so.

  Yes, imagine if "i" and "j" would have been unified in Unicode
(i.e., share the same code point) because the "origin" of them are the
same (i.e., "j" was/is a longer variation of "i"), using Unicode for
many European languages would have been hard.

-- Yoshiki