beware GNU Smalltalk if you want to contribute to squeak

Diego Fernández diegof79 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 01:17:06 UTC 2008

Sorry but the subject of this mail sounds like FUD to me.

The Smalltalk community is really small, and Pablo Bonzini (the
maintainer of GST) is also very active on this list.
If I want to port something from GST to Squeak is very simple: I talk
to Pablo and the community of GST (which is usually is part of the
Squeak community too) and create a package with LGPL license (or LGPL/
MIT or whatever)... so I can use it both in Squeak and GST, no big
deal. (in SqueakMap there is a lot of packages with LGPL license).

We are people that can talk each other, not robots driven by license
rules.

Regards
Diego