"Standard" techniques to record ToDos etc? Recommendation for issue tracking

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 12 03:14:26 UTC 2008

(1) Some time ago I had come across a neat technique to record todos in the
code itself that was supposedly a "standard" practice among ThoseInTheKnow.
Something like:
    self issue: #bug. "Some description"
    self issue: #todo. "Some description"

This would show up among senders of #bug #todo (somewhat to my surprise). I
can't find that web page now, anyone know the specifics? I might as well
follow the "standard".

(2) For a small team (< 4 people) developing using Squeak + Monticello, and
a small future customer base optimistically speaking (currently 0), any
recommendations on an issue tracking system? Something that understood
Monticello would be a killer ... but I won't hold my breath for that one.

Thanks - Sophie