Big Tools question - Why no way to "scope" tools to less than Global?

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 22:05:26 UTC 2008

> - I want to see all *my* implementors of #printOn: but need to browse
> through the list of all within Squeak. Needless overhead.

Hi Sophie, this has been available in the standard image for years,
but it is not in a very convenient place.

In your methods list, Shift + Right-click on the methods list.  Then
select "Filter message list...".  Then, on the sub-menu, "messages
authored by me".

If you commit the keyboard sequence to muscle-memory, e.g.,

    Shift + Right-click + "f i l" + Enter + "b" + Enter

you can have the list filtered in about 1 to 2 seconds.

As for filtering by package, Diego posted a simple addition to the
Filter menu last June:

    http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2007-June/117751.html

 - Chris