beware GNU Smalltalk if you want to contribute to squeak

Jason Johnson jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:55:26 UTC 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 4:00 AM,  <chunsj at embian.com> wrote:
> I agree with you on using GST code for squeak is not clear. But frankly speaking,
> for me, GPL seems better one in terms of social wealth; it can make it sure that
> the result be returned to the community/society.

Except what it actually seems to (often) do is just make sure those
results aren't made at all.  That is, someone who would have taken
some software and adding very nice modifications, and even released
it, noticed it was (L)GPL and stayed away.

I know I personally release anything I make that I think is
interesting and I stay clear of GPL.  I wonder if Linux being GPL had
anything to do with Apple choosing a BSD to make their system in.