License questions.

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Jan 15 22:11:22 UTC 2008

tim Rowledge wrote:
>> HP? Can you point to any code that is in Squeak which you believe is
>> owned by HP?
> I'm guessing (and only guessing right now) that lawyers would tell us
> that any code written by you folks whilst employed by HP belongs to HP.
> Do I remember explicitly what that code might include? NFW.

Well, then let be be very clear: *All* the relevant code that Ian and I
have written while being HP employees was contributed to the Croquet
project. *All* the code contributed to the Croquet project by HP was
approved by the OSS approval board inside HP to be contributed under the
MIT license.

Let's not complicate matters further by claiming "random big company X
probably owns large chunks of Squeak".

Cheers,
   - Andreas