Handling keyboard input on unix when locale set to utf-8

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Jan 17 10:45:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

Well, we are three already, so a chance that UTF-8 is finally ND
completely adopted in Squeak is a bit bigger :) And I propose that a
patch should be done (complete and well tested) regardless of adoption,
which will come sooner or later.

Such patch will probably break some existing code, but because UTF-8
solve a problem once for ever, I think the existing code should be
adapted by its authors to UTF-8.

Janko