squeak releases, now and in the future

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 23:35:17 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I think we are at the anniversary of the start of the
six month timebox for 3dot10.

I am watching a lot of interesting developments.
Damiens efforts seem to have become squeak's flagship.
And VPRI has found resources and interest in
developing
squeaklands branch of 3.8 and OPLC.

As for our squeak-org branch, it seems to me the basic
maintenence and releases of squeak are in neglect.

My druthers are that time boxes get honored. That
future release teams be sought. And that the current
release be wrapped up and delivered, lessons learned
and new development planned for.

Where do we go from here?*

What endevors are worthwhile?

What resources are available for future efforts?

*Think of this question in the context of its
companions:

Where did we come from?
and
How did we get here?