Morphic 3 presentation at Smalltalks 2007

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Jan 22 19:03:10 UTC 2008

Hi Jason,

I'm not doing Morphic 3 to suit the average programmer needs, in the
same way Morphic was not built for that. You (everybody!) should watch
the ARK and Self videos.

If all you want is a GUI buider, don't waste your time with Squeak. Most
other Smalltalk dialects include WindowBuilder, the father of all GUI
builders. Consider Visual Smalltalk, Smalltalk Express, VisualWorks,
Dolphin or VA Smalltalk. I believe all of them are free or have
non-commercial variants.

If you still believe the world needs another GUI builder, I see two
ways. You could work on it (I'd be happy to integrate your work in
Morphic 3), or you could raise money to allow me to leave my paid job
and work on it. As Tim says "one MILLION euros"! Also, I believe that
anyone working on a Squeak GUI builder should do it for ToolBuilder.

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich