Musings about modularity and programming in the large

Bergel, Alexandre bergel at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Jan 23 14:10:34 UTC 2008

There has been many propositions like this: J&, MZScheme's Unit,
Selector Namespaces, Method Namespaces, Expander, Java Module System,
Jiazzy, ... I could say another 20 more.

I see that the three main difficulties in adding a module system in a
programming language are:
	- Turning non-modularized libraries into modularized one
	- Preserving backward compatibility
	- Getting the community accept the proposal

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu