Musings about modularity and programming in the large

Bergel, Alexandre bergel at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Jan 24 04:22:39 UTC 2008

Newspeak introduces a lookup of classes. Classes are looked up pretty
much the same way that methods are. This is a mechanism called
virtual classes. It exists in many different systems such as Keris,
gbeta, Caesar/J, Scala.

It seems that Michael's proposal takes a different approach, where
import statements enable a class version to be visible in a namespace.

Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu