Any current package for Aspect-like functionality

Michael Haupt mhaupt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 08:11:44 UTC 2008

Hi Sophie,

On Jan 23, 2008 8:14 PM, itsme213 <itsme213 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> This looks very promising. If I may check a couple of things, please:
>   - what is the license?

MIT.

>   - any papers or other docs specific to ContextS?

Incoming... there will be a tutorial paper available for download soon.

>   - dependencies? squeak 3.9? AspectS? others?

Squeak 3.8 and Croquet are supported. The traits-induced changes to
the Squeak core in 3.9 are incompatible with ContextS.

>   - in your opinion, is it stable enough to use to develop a commercial app?
>   - any thoughts on challenges of developing/debugging using ContextS?

It's a research prototype. That should answer both above questions. :-)

We're working on it to make it stable and robust, of course; and user
/ programmer experience is certainly helpful in that. So, please use
it, and let us know how it works for you, and also please ask us
questions.

By the way, there will be an updated version soon.

Best,

Michael