Real profiling: Why is my UI so slow?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 14:48:28 UTC 2008

On 27/01/2008, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:

> On 26-Jan-08, at 10:07 PM, Jerome Peace wrote:
> >

> > http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=2084
> > 0002084: Each overlaping browser slows down screen
> > updates considerably. Caching the image would speed
> > things up.
> It appears to be not just 'considerably' but something along the lines
> of O(N^2) or worse. Run a loop that opens browsers and watch as the
> first few are really fast, then a few slow then
>
> it
>
> gets
>
> really
>

> sl

No, it's O(N) , but when you having 10 browser windows on screen, full
world update could take about 2-3 seconds.

I'm using this code for testing draw speed:

MessageTally spyOn: [ World fullDrawOn: World assuredCanvas ]

In my image, most time is spent in string drawing primitive.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.